Harris Williams M&A Internship Program logo

Harris Williams M&A Internship Program
Harris Williams

“Sell-side m&a immersion with great mentorship and abundant opportunities for learning and growth”
2020VERIFIED INTERN

Given that the internship was virtual, it was even more important to have deliberate networking opportunities as well as formal mentorship in place. I think that Harris Williams did a phenomenal job on this, and I could not have been more pleased with how well I made connections with both junior and senior bankers, despite the virtual environment. The structure of the internship was very thoughtful and well arranged, especially during the deal simulation phase of the internship. The HW team did a great job thinking through every day of the internship.

I wish that PowerPoint fundamentals were emphasized more in the training modules. Additionally, I would have ideally liked more time working on live deals, however given the 6 week constraint, I completely understand the difficulty of fitting everything in.

I think it is important for a candidate to research Harris Williams and understand truly who their clients are and whether or not middle market sell-side m&a is where they want to start their career. If so, there is not a better firm to work for in my opinion.

Advice to Management

I think even outside of the virtual environment, formal mentorship during the internship program can go a long way to making an intern feel more included at the firm. I really appreciated having two senior mentors check in on me routinely during the internship.