Barclays Global Summer Analyst and Associate Programs logo

Barclays Global Summer Analyst and Associate Programs
Barclays Bank

“Great opportunity to explore a self-contained eco-system of jobs and opportunities”
2020VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and seeing what Barclays has to offer throughout - there is so many different teams, and we are able to network with directors and managing directors during our time here which is a great opportunity to learn new things in an area which interests you.

Requests for permissions / software can sometimes be a hassle / take time

Don't be afraid to ask questions, be curious. Don't expect to get put into a team exactly like University - the work you might be given could be in a completely different domain, so be open-minded and don't let this scare you - apply your skills to learning these new systems and show your willingness to learn.

Advice to Management

Requests / Permissions was a lot faster this year compared to last in the majority of cases. However, sometimes it still was an issue getting the correct requests approved in time / figuring out what requests were needed. Maybe if our BRID could have priority on these requests since we have a very limited time here, or development teams fully refresh themselves on what requests will be needed for the specific account (Intranet vs Domain may have different requests) before the intern joins.