DreamWorks Internship Program logo

DreamWorks Internship Program

“A Well-Rounded (But Too Short) Internship”
Other (US)2020VERIFIED INTERN

The networking aspect was strong! I was able to meet so many people and learn about their journeys and get inspired. The on-the-job learning aspect was wonderful. I ask a lot of questions, so I was able to learn a lot about production tasks. Also, the intern events were fun and educational and provided more opportunities to network. Intern events are some of my favorite memories from the program.

I worked at the Central campus, so I was a little bit isolated from the main intern group and didn't get to see them as often as they saw each other. It did make me feel like an outsider sometimes, but they were all really nice and welcoming still.

Be ready to network! It's scary at first, but professionals still like sharing their stories and offering advice. They were in the same position as you at one point and remember how it felt! Try to do two coffee dates a week, but never lose focus on your actual internship. Learning those on-the-job skills is super important, and immersing yourself in production's culture is main point of the internship. Networking without those things is pointless.