Southwest Airlines Campus Reach logo

Southwest Airlines Campus Reach
Southwest Airlines Co.

“Flying High with Southwest Airlines”
Dallas, TX2019VERIFIED INTERN

We are talking about Southwest, so of course the culture and people are amazing. However, I believe the best aspect of the internship is the support system. Any time I had any kind of thought or idea, I was encouraged to act on it. I felt the attitude was "I'll lift you, and you lift me, and we'll ascend together."

I loved that I was able to get a broad experience of talent acquisition. However, I still don't know what part of talent acquisition I prefer: recruiting or programs/pipelines. I would have liked to have focused on the areas separately to be able to know which area I prefer.

If you go in not taking this internship seriously, your attitude will change. For me, this internship was just to test the waters of HR and that was it. By the end I love Southwest Airlines and my dream is to work here full-time. Their culture is captivating and you will be spoiled. No other company will be able to compare when it comes to the people and the culture.

Advice to Management

I believe the compensation could definitely be improved in some way, even as a housing stipend.