Boeing Intern Program logo

Boeing Intern Program
The Boeing Company

1,741 Ratings

1,741 Intern Reviews
“Exploring Boeing Supply Chain from the top down, building relationships, problem solving, and pushing improvement”
Everett, WA2019VERIFIED INTERN

The networking was incredible. Boeing created numerous opportunities to collaborate with other interns and upper leadership within the company. I had the freedom to make this internship my own as I explored different supply chain divisions. I like that they had experiences available to us through intern specific calendars and I was encouraged to learn as much about he different moving parts of the company while I am here. I got to travel with my team to a conference in Seal Beach, California where I gained a whole new perspective on business relationships and how supply chain is still critical in the aftermarket.

It took a few weeks to get settled and actually feel like I had direction to what I was doing. Because of the secure nature of an aerospace company, the permissions and hoops I had to jump through to gain access to necessary tools to complete my work were frustrating. However, I feel like there is an adjustment period anytime you are somewhere new.

Boeing looks after its interns and ensures that opportunities are made available to them. However, I think a lot of your productivity in what you learn and contribute to the company stems from your own drive and persistence. At a big company, it is easy to keep to yourself, get your work done, and go home when your hours are up. I've tried to take every opportunity that has come to me and in turn have learned a lot about the company. Moral of the story, you get the experience you work for. People here notice passion and hard work, it'll take you a long way. Sometimes you have to ask for more work or clarify how your scope of work is contributing to the success of your team. From day one my manager has loved it when I ask questions and push back on a process I feel is wrong. He wants me to bring a fresh perspective to a team that has done things the same way for years. At times I felt like I was overly-assertive in my opinion, but even then I was surprised to see how my manager was supportive and almost grateful for my input.

Advice to Management

I think company culture and the nature of management interns are exposed to are ultimately the largest factors taken into consideration when it comes to considering full-time offers. While Boeing strives to create an incredible internship experience, I notice their efforts more within the whole organization for a better look at what I'd be getting into full-time. There are definitely struggles with communication and collaboration across divisions of the company and at times I've been frustrated. However, as I talk to more leaders, I see what initiatives are taking place to improve work culture and have hope that things are on the right path. If companies want to attract top young talent, they need to hear ideas and give all their employees a voice.