Bell Summer Internship logo

Bell Summer Internship

“Meaningful Work for a Company that Works to Make a Difference”
Amarillo, TX2019VERIFIED INTERN

I got real work experience while also having high exposure to the company's leadership. The General Manager of the facility knows me by name and is always willing to get lunch with interns. People genuinely want you to be successful. I also have a lot of exposure to all areas of the company, rather than only seeing my specific function.

There are some negative attitudes about working in Amarillo. Some people see it as only a stepping stone to get to headquarters. I personally love it here, and I know that many other employees do as well, but some people are just biding their time until they can transfer to Fort Worth.

Bell is a wonderful company. We make amazing products that help a lot of people. Besides that, Bell offers many great benefits. There is paid parental leave, tuition assistance, and flexible work schedules. Many interns want to be placed at headquarters, but I really enjoyed being at a manufacturing site because it exposed me to many different areas I would not have seen otherwise.

Advice to Management

The events that were planned this year were very fun. There was a good amount so that we were not overwhelmed with activities, yet really got to experience Amarillo. It might be nice to offer more training to the interns. I also think it is beneficial to encourage managers to bring their interns to meetings to give the interns a sense of what the day to day life of their manager is and give a realistic job preview.