“Challenging and Exciting”
Ft. Worth, TX2018VERIFIED INTERN

All intern work has a real impact on the company. There is a lot of responsibility as well as a variety of work and flexibility in assignments. Also, Bell provides training to interns allowing me and other interns to build skills, make connections, and learn about the company all while interning. Despite being at Plant 5, I was encourage to meet with employees throughout the company to gain a better understanding of the company as a whole as well as different roles within the company.

I was moved from HQ to Plant 5 two weeks before the start date. This was disappointing due to having already made housing and transportation arrangements with other interns. Being at Plant 5, I had less contact with employees in other functional groups, and therefore did not get as well rounded of a view of the company as a whole.

Make the most of your time as soon as you start. Training is always available as long as you actively look for it. Set up meetings with other employees in Bell to gain a better understanding of the company and the roles of different employees. Your supervisor and mentor will help you do these things if you just ask them for their help.

Advice to Management

Let interns know where they'll be working as soon as you know. I understand that business needs change sometimes, but it seems that my manager knew that I had been moved to Plant 5 at least a month before I was ever notified. The change of location was only about a 25 minutes drive distance, but it would have been nice to know prior to two weeks before the start of the internship.

Uppers Downers Advice to Potential Interns Advice to Management Sample Interview Questions Would You Recommend