Ball Aerospace Summer Intern Program logo

Ball Aerospace Summer Intern Program
Ball Aerospace

“Ball Aerospace is the company I didn't know how much I wanted”
Boulder, CO2019VERIFIED INTERN

The whole program is built around the expectation of recruitment. Events and resources aren't just perks to lure you in; they are maybe not as fun, but far more helpful. Interns have respect and opportunity, because they're seen as the next set of full-timers.

It would have been nice to get more exposure to other groups and a better understanding of other opportunities. That being said, we just had an event to learn about other groups and I'm pursuing information from contacts made at that. I'll probably get to see all I want to. Earlier might have been better, though.

Ball really respects its culture. You can be the smartest, hardest-working human on the planet but if you can't get along with a team and be a positive contribution to the culture then you won't be chosen. Your skills matter, but your soft skills matter most.

Advice to Management

The only thing I can think is having a recruiting process that is more collaborative across teams. An intern might be a good fit in one place and excellent in another.