Schenck Internship Program logo

Schenck Internship Program
Schenck SC

“Profoundly impacting professionally, educationally, and personally; a crash course on a tax firm career”
Appleton, WI2018VERIFIED INTERN

Openness and friendliness of all team members; I felt comfortable approaching anyone for questions, regardless of whether they were part of my team or if they were manager or shareholder level. Similarly I felt equal to team members in ability, and that I was needed, appreciated, and valued. I also liked the space and trust for us interns to figure things out on our own but not leaving us completely hanging.

Nothing honestly.

I wish I would've known how comfortable I would feel around team members, and that having a little down time due to low workload randomly is not always a bad thing. This would've helped me relax a bit more before and during the early weeks in the internship.

Advice to Management

Training still needs to be finagled out a bit. Overall I felt all of the knowledge and training given to us was necessary and adequate to some level, but integrating that to actual work right away was a bit difficult. By the way we had work in some areas we were trained in, it was a few weeks later and some of the knowledge of process or programs was lost.