CBIZ MHM, LLC Internship logo

CBIZ MHM, LLC Internship
CBIZ MHM, LLC

“Learning and exposure of the accounting world from people that care”
TaxKansas City, MO2020VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was friendly and wanting to get to know you. You complete real work that different people actually need completed. People are there for questions during anytime. It's okay if you don't know how to do something. You are sitting in an intern group that can also answer your questions while building a relationship with them. They give you feedback on what you're doing great and opportunities for improvement. If something isn't working out for you, all you need to do is talk to someone to fit your needs.

I wish we were given videos of training week because I felt like it was too much too fast. It was also a tough adjustment working 55 hours a week.

Remember feedback you recieve, and implement it going forward. Be ready and willing to accept work people have that needs done if they request your help. People are really thankful when you offer to help out with more than what is assigned to you. Don't be afraid to talk to someone if you think your schedule needs adjusted.

Advice to Management

I would have really appreciated the training week sessions to be given to us on video. I felt like the first week had a lot of great information that was crammed onto us that I wish I could review and remember better. I would have loved to watch the videos at home to review at my own pace, and I think I might have had less questions and been less confused if they were available.