Baker Tilly Accounting Internship logo

Baker Tilly Accounting Internship
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP

“Fun, educational experience”
Appleton, WI2018VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the office culture and the work itself. I had my own responsibilities on each client. I worked on an array of clients so it was nice to see how they differed. My managers would challenge me with other parts of audits when they knew I felt comfortable with what I was doing.

Real world accounting is different from accounting class. They understood that but sometimes people would talk to me and expect me to understand what they were doing or talking about when I really didn't know because I hadn't learned that. I didn't like not knowing things at times.

I've heard a million times that the work you do at one firm versus another is going to be very similar. It's the people that make the firm. I believe that. I've only been at this one firm but from working on all my clients, they were fairly similar and I imagine if I were to go somewhere else, I would be doing similar work as well. The people are really what make your work different and enjoyable. Make sure you fit in with the culture and feel comfortable there.

Uppers Downers Advice to Potential Interns Advice to Management Sample Interview Questions Would You Recommend