2021 Vault Rankings
U.S. Cellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. U.S. Cellular has the Highest Wireless Network Quality Performance in the North Central Region, according to J.D. Power, and 99 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds.
- 10 weeks, full time: June to August
- Competitive pay based on level of education
- Experiential learning from project-driven work
- Opportunities to build better communities through outreach programs
- Networking with other interns, senior executives and many other business professionals
- Share the responsibility of creating your own development plan
- Work with partners that will fill your journey with learning and fun
U.S. Cellular strategically partners with select colleges/universities nationally as well as focusing on schools that are:
- Geographically located within its footprint so students don’t need to travel far to stay close to home or school.
• Offering majors in disciplines that are a match for both students and its business needs.
• Inclusive; attracting students as diverse as the communities it serves.
U.S. Cellular remains engaged at many universities across its footprint that offer programs in disciplines that meet its organizational needs for education, including:
- DePaul University
- Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)
- University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Iowa State University
- University of Iowa
- Indiana University
- University of Michigan
- University of Tennessee - Knoxville
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
Areas of Opportunity & Eligibility
U.S. Cellular offers a large variety of internships annually in virtually all major departmental disciplines, including the following:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science/IT
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain/Operations
Posted requisitions detail the respective educational requirement (undergraduate or graduate) along with the corresponding discipline of study. U.S. Cellular requires interns to be currently enrolled, minimally enrolled in their sophomore year at the time of applying, through graduate study. They consider/hire intern candidates who have graduated within six months of the internship term.
The U.S. Cellular internship requires a full-time (40 hours per week) commitment for the full 10-week summer program. Extensions beyond the normal 10 weeks are determined on a case-by-case basis depending on departmental need as well as the availability of the intern.
In addition to those individuals demonstrating strong skill sets and a professional demeanor, our Dynamic Organization looks for those who:
- Thrive in an environment of cross-functional collaboration.
- Rise to the challenge and apply unique perspectives to a rapidly-evolving, technology-driven industry.
- Appreciate the value of diverse perspectives and collaboratively work toward a common goal.
- Desire to learn and grow in a real-work setting, on a seasoned team.
Why Intern Here
U.S. Cellular® Intern Program Advantages
At U.S. Cellular, a key objective is to provide a world-class experience for our customers. This requires the very best of the best talent in every area of our Dynamic Organization - people who understand and embrace our passion for success and individuals who are self-motivated to learn, grow, and excel in exciting new roles.
Patricia Gonzalez Macias, Talent Attraction Programs Manager
Number of Interns: 21 to 50
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks; June through mid-August
Academic Level: College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Recent College Graduates, Graduate Students, Business School Students