The DISH summer internship is a comprehensive program designed to expose students to the media and telecommunications industry through hands-on field experience and real project assignments that drive business initiatives. DISH considers interns a long-term investment: Those who display DISH's core attributes of pride, adventure, and winning will be considered for full-time employment.
There is a different philosophy at DISH. They believe the critical thinking skills you learn in college can be applied across a variety of business functions, regardless of your major. More than your education and previous work experience, DISH looks for individuals who are bright, energetic and ambitious. At DISH, hard work is rewarded with limitless opportunities.
Interns work in a variety of functional business areas including:
- Financial Analysis
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing – Creative or Analytics
- Procurement/Supply Chain
- Hardware & Software Engineering
- Product Management
- Project Management
- Programming - Content Acquisition
- Public Relations/Corporate Communications
Further information about each of these departments can be found at https://careers.dish.com/students/ at “Find Your Fit”
What Will I Do?
- Full time (40 hours per week), competitively paid, hands-on field experience and real business projects
- Present business findings and recommendations to company leadership
- In-depth look at our core business, including 2 weeks of customer facing experience
- Early evening networking activities
- Planned social activities, including the paramount Colorado experience of hiking a 14er (a 14,000 foot mountain)
Who Will I Meet?
- Business Executives at lunch and learns and networking activities
- Manager, Peer Mentor, and Executive Sponsor
- Curious and driven interns from around the country
Who Is DISH Hiring?
- Students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (non-MBA) program with an expected graduation date between the relevant annual range.
- Students who display DISH’s core attributes of Curiosity, Pride, Adventure, and Winning.
DISH University Relations
Dish Network Corporation
DISH Network L.L.C.
9601 S. Meridian Blvd
Englewood, CO 80112
Number of Interns: 51 to 100
Compensation/Benefits: Paid; DISH can also assist students in concurrently earning academic credit.
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks; 10 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, Graduate Students, Business School Students, Law School Students
Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Juris Doctor, Master of Arts, Master of Business Administration, Master of Science, Doctor of Philosophy
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49