The Comcast Engineering and Technology Internship Program is a summer program based at various Comcast locations throughout the greater US. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus career fairs, partner organizations, and direct applications. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 40 hour/week schedule over the course of 11 weeks throughout the summer.
Your experience includes:
- Engagement: Working on creative, innovative and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
- Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
- Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization.
- Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues through the Empowering Future Leaders Program (EFLP) to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
- Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
Comcast has multiple internship opportunities in the following metropolitan areas: Philadelphia, PA metropolitan area, Denver, CO metropolitan area, DC Metro Area, Sunnyvale, CA
Your responsibilities will vary; possible functional areas may include:
- Responsible for the development and support of applications used internally at Comcast and by our customers
- Experience in this group may lead to the following full-time roles: Software Developer; Project Manager; Business Analyst
User Experience Design
- Support the with the UX Hardware/Packaging/Retail team, focusing on strategy and conception to bring the next generation of Comcast products to life by executing around future vision
- Experience in this group may lead to an entry level UX Designer Role
Big Data Analysis
- Optimization of content feeds through metadata analysis utilizing a wide variety of products and technologies such as relevancy ranking and clustering
- Experience in this group may lead to full-time roles in: Software Engineer, Research Engineer, Video Product Analyst
- Responsible for the development and creation of new customer applications, products & services.
- Experience in this group may lead to roles in: Open Source Application Developer; Video Engineer; Integration Engineer.
- Responsible for the architecture and design of the core Comcast network.
- Experience in this group may lead to full-time roles in: Network Engineer; Network Developer; Software Engineer.
- Responsible for ensuring that users of our networks have proper access credentials, as well as for safeguarding the networks from being used for malicious activities.
- Experience in this group could lead to full-time roles in: Security Engineer; Legal Analyst; Network Security Engineer; Network Analyst.
Testing & Quality Assurance
- Responsible for creating testing procedures, setting up testing labs and running tests on our applications and products.
- Experience in this group could lead to full-time roles in: Test Analyst; QA Engineer; Testing Lead
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a United States-based college or university
- Major: Computer Science, Information Systems, Software or Computer Engineering, Digital Media, Technology or a related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Demonstrates solid decision-making skills
- Proven analytical, organizational, and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable and media industries
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
The below background/skills are preferred (candidates will be considered according to their preferred functional area and/or academic background):
- Relational database Management system (SQL Server)
- Operating systems (Linux/Unix)
- Markup language (CSS, HTML)
- Security (Network Intrusion Detection, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability, Malware, Firewalls)
- Reporting/Data (Cognos BI, ClickFox CEA and Genesys Advisor, Microsoft SQL)
- Scripting (Linux/Unix Shell)
- GUI design, human computer interaction, information architecture
- Metadata analysis, parallel computing, distributed programming, video analytics
1701 JFK Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Freshmen, College Sophomores, College Juniors
Mount Laurel, NJ
West Chester, PA