Walgreens Corporate Internship Program is a structured, ten-week opportunity for high-caliber, talented students to join our office and gain practical experience in their area of study, while also contributing to Walgreens goals and objectives. The goal of the corporate internship program is to attract, recruit, retain and convert students into entry-level roles throughout the company.
Listed below are aspects of the internship program that support our goal of attracting, retaining and converting students:
- Mentors – To ensure a supportive environment, each intern is assigned a manager and a mentor. Ultimately, the entire department takes responsibility for making sure the intern is fully involved and satisfied with their internship experience.
- Information Sessions – Weekly presentations feature departments from across Walgreens' broad corporate base. These exchanges provide insight into the personal career progression and current responsibilities of other Walgreens employees.
- Skill Building Sessions – Programming is provided to bolster key professional development skills for interns as they move forward in their careers. Sessions on networking, business writing and managing up for the millennial generation are scheduled throughout the summer.
- Performance Management – Interns jointly set goals with their managers at the beginning of the summer. Formal mid-point and end-of-summer conversations on goal progress and competencies for success are scheduled. Informal feedback is encouraged throughout the summer as well.
- Field Trips – To provide a holistic understanding of the retail industry, tours of some our facilities connect the corporate office functions with the front lines. Tours include:
- Flagship Store Visit – While touring a fully functioning flagship Walgreens store, interns will have the opportunity to view how Walgreens is becoming a daily living destination through understanding of the retail and pharmacy operations from the perspective of store managers and pharmacists.
- Distribution Center – Interns will learn how our innovative inventory tracking system makes Walgreens distribution centers the most automated in the industry.
- Social events – We want interns to enjoy their summer with us and to get to know Walgreens and their colleagues better. So our internship program includes frequent social events scheduled throughout the summer. These activities will allow them to communicate with professionals both inside and outside their field in a relaxed setting. Fun outings where they can get to know other interns better – students with a variety of majors and career interests that can help round out their educational experience with us.
Bachelors Degree completed or in progress with a graduation date no later than August 2014 with a GPA of 3.0 or above
Majors in fields such as Merchandising, Marketing, Economics, or Financial Analysis
Communication skills such as writing reports and presenting the information to key stakeholders
Experience collaborating with teams.
Intermediate level of MS Excel and Access such as creating spreadsheets & databases, running reports, calculating totals and formatting.
Experience analyzing data.
Experience using financial modeling skills such as determining ROIC, business analytics, and problem solving.
Knowledge of working in a matrix environment
102 Wilmot Rd, MS 1220
Deerfield, IL 60015
Number of Interns: 51 to 100
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, Graduate Students, Business School Students