As the nation's leading pharmacy, we seek professional individuals to fill key positions at Walgreens, ensuring our leadership and taking us to even higher levels of growth, profitability, innovation and customer service. Walgreens is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes individuals of diverse talents and backgrounds. Walgreens promotes and supports a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
One of Walgreens most exciting paths to becoming a pharmacy professional is our internship program. This program will provide you with varying levels of information based on your year in pharmacy school. If you’re looking for immersion in the field, from prescription medications to herbal products, disease state information to pharmacy laws and ethics, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
At Walgreens, you have the best of both worlds: the training, support and resources of one of America's largest pharmacy organizations behind you, plus the encouragement to be a successful practitioner. Because we want you to succeed in your community pharmacy career, we've created a comprehensive, step-by-step development program that will equip you to become a Walgreens pharmacy manager, and from there — depending on your career goals — to move into higher levels of retail management at Walgreens.
• The internship program is designed for students currently enrolled in professional pharmacy programs to complete during the summer and exposes students to management skills and a full range of pharmacy and retail operations at Walgreens.
• Interns will work with experienced pharmacy managers to learn about operations, management responsibilities, clinical services, marketing, inventory, and human resources.
• By the end of your internship, you'll know just what it means to manage a Walgreens pharmacy.
• It’s also an opportunity for us to seek exceptional students, prior to their senior year of college, to train for future management consideration.
Get paid to learn!
• The internship is conducted between the months of May through August and subject to district and market availability
• Interns are paid a competitive hourly rate
A career at Walgreens offers you the potential for growth and a clear path to advancement. Our innovative spirit means every day is different opportunity to excel in a welcoming and inclusive environment. Take your first step towards a fulfilling career.
102 Wilmot Rd. MS#1220
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: Graduate Students