Distribution Center Interns
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. Merchandise is sold in 875 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, and in more than 645 international stores and over 150 licensed stores in 35 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City.
With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com and FAO.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates annually worldwide.
The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need. Additional information about Toys“R”Us, Inc. can be found on Toysrusinc.com. Follow Toys“R”Us, Babies“R”Us and FAO Schwarz on Facebook at Facebook.com/Toysrus, Facebook.com/Babiesrus, Facebook.com/FAO, and Facebook.com/ruscareers and on Twitter at Twitter.com/Toysrus and Twitter.com/Babiesrus.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. has several distribution center internship opportunities at various locations nationwide starting in June. The distribution center internship program is designed to allow interns to gain valuable retail and leadership skills through hands-on experience of the day-to-day operations of a successful distribution center.
• Drive for Results: Assist with the management of all aspects of daily operations of a department of hourly team members to ensure timely completion of the workload in an efficient and safe manner, in compliance with all relevant standards and guidelines, while demonstrating a commitment to teamwork, team member growth and development, and continuous improvement of processes and performance.
• Focus on Guests: Ensure the continued fiscal success of the distribution center, as well as the satisfaction of its guests and team members.
• Talent Enhancement: Discover how Human Resources impacts staffing, development, retention and brand management.
• Problem Solving: Receive training on how to discourage theft and fraud while maintaining distribution center safety.
• Working Together: Develop leadership skills for managing diverse teams.
• Adapt and Learn: Participate in off-site visits including stores, learning workshops and mentoring from our seasoned team members.
• Communication: Complete a hands-on project requiring you to implement the knowledge you acquire during your internship and share your experiences with the company.
The 10-week paid summer internship program at Toys“R”Us, Inc. provides:
• Exposure to the global retail industry
• Practical and professional experience
• Networking opportunities
Prepare to work with management and contribute to advancing the growth of the world’s leading toys and baby products retailer. Toys“R”Us, Inc. believes in giving its interns a real world business experience.
• Completion of sophomore or junior year towards an undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management or related major
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Leadership and strong decision-making skills
• Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. upon graduation without sponsorship
One Geoffrey Way
Wayne, NJ 07470
Number of Interns: 10 to 20
Compensation/Benefits: Academic Credit, Paid
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Sophomores, College Juniors