The Sales Management Internship at Mattress Firm affords students the ability to gain real-world sales and management experience while working in a professional retail environment. The relevant skills learned during an internship with Mattress Firm include:
- Internal and external marketing strategies
- Direct consumer sales
- Business management
- Consumer behavior
- Advertising strategy
- Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Atlanta, Georgia
Hourly pay, with commission opportunities beginning in the second half of the internship program.
Our interns are paid $10.00 an hour…but it gets even better! During the 2nd half of the internship, you are eligible for commission, which means even more money in your pocket! Cha-ching! In addition to a great paycheck, there are also many other perks of being an Intern with Mattress Firm:
- Opportunity to win scholarship money – that’ll make the ‘rents happy!
- Exclusive social events – get your groove on or catch a game with co-workers!
- Unsurpassed training – by sales team leaders, corporate trainers, vendors and executives!
Interns should expect to work normal business hours and to work no more than 40 hours per week, with 2 to 2.5 days off per week.
Monday – Saturday: 10 am to 8 pm
Sunday: 12 pm to 6 pm
To ensure that we select candidates who will be successful as an Intern with Mattress Firm, we do have a few eligibility requirements:
- Must be able to provide your own housing in the selected host city and have reliable transportation to all locations in selected area.
- Must commit to attend entire program duration (12 weeks during May to August).
- Must be a rising junior or senior, and be enrolled in semester following internship.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Must be able to complete all projects and presentations as assigned.
Mattress Firm Holding Corp.
5815 Gulf Freeway
Houston, TX 77023
Number of Interns: 51 to 100
Compensation/Benefits: Academic Credit, Paid
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, College Seniors
Ft Worth, TX