Imagine being able to put an internship with one of Glassdoor.com’s “Top 25 Companies for Career Opportunities” and Collegegrad.com’s “Top 100 Entry-Level Employers” on your resume. Not only that, come graduation, you’ll be two steps ahead of those bed heads that took the summer off!
The Sales Management Internship at Mattress Firm affords students the ability to gain real-world sales and management experience while working in a professional retail environment. The relevant skills learned during an internship with Mattress Firm include:
- Internal and external marketing strategies
- Direct consumer sales
- Business management
- Consumer behavior
- Advertising strategy
- Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Atlanta, Georgia
Hourly pay, with commission opportunities beginning in the second half of the internship program.
Our interns are paid $10.00 an hour…but it gets even better! During the 2nd half of the internship, you are eligible for commission, which means even more money in your pocket! Cha-ching! In addition to a great paycheck, there are also many other perks of being an Intern with Mattress Firm:
- Opportunity to win scholarship money – that’ll make the ‘rents happy!
- Exclusive social events – get your groove on or catch a game with co-workers!
- Unsurpassed training – by sales team leaders, corporate trainers, vendors and executives!
Interns should expect to work normal business hours and to work no more than 40 hours per week, with 2 to 2.5 days off per week.
Monday – Saturday: 10 am to 8 pm
Sunday: 12 pm to 6 pm
To ensure that we select candidates who will be successful as an Intern with Mattress Firm, we do have a few eligibility requirements:
- Must be able to provide your own housing in the selected host city and have reliable transportation to all locations in selected area.
- Must commit to attend entire program duration (12 weeks during May to August).
- Must be a rising junior or senior, and be enrolled in semester following internship.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Must be able to complete all projects and presentations as assigned.
Mattress Firm Holding Corp.
5815 Gulf Freeway
Houston, TX 77023
Number of Interns: 51 to 100
Compensation/Benefits: Academic Credit, Paid
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, College Seniors
Ft Worth, TX