2020 Vault Rankings
Nomura seeks high impact students to join the Firm as Summer Analysts in Corporate Infrastructure. The Summer Analyst Program runs for 10 weeks, during which Analysts will enjoy extensive contact with Nomura professionals at all levels through discussion groups, seminars and informal social functions. During the course of the internship, Summer Analysts benefit from working closely with a buddy and interacting regularly with a senior mentor.
What’s your role?
Create and preserve shareholder value by providing business advice to navigate risks and assuring control of the firm’s books and records. Areas under Finance include Global Middle Office (GMO), Financial Control, Regulatory Reporting, Tax, Management Reporting, and Treasury.
Developing, implementing and providing support using sophisticated systems through the trade life cycle, from Front Office (Sales, Trading and Research) to Middle Office and other corporate areas.
The internal audit team provides independent audit assurance on Nomura’s internal controls. Interns will participate in the audit process with a focus on inherent risk identification, internal control testing, continuous business risk monitoring and issue follow-up.
Working with the Wholesale business lines and Corporate partners, Operations professionals are responsible for the management and execution of transactions to maximize profitability and minimize risk.
Manages credit and market risk exposures, which are crucial to the successful performance of the firm. Risk Management works closely with all areas of the firm including: Global Markets, Investment Banking, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Operations.
Intern Qualifications *
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills
- Enthusiasm for both quantitative-driven and qualitative-focused situations
- Exceptional attention to detail and enthusiasm
- Ability to develop understanding of financial products
- Willingness to work hard as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
• Outstanding academic qualifications; strong GPA
• Pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between December 2020 and June 2021
US Graduate Recruiting
309 West 49th Street
New York, NY
Number of Interns: Varies
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, Graduate Students
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
New York, NY