Management Associate Program (MAP) extends recent college graduates the opportunity to apply their bachelor’s or master’s degree skills to a challenging job in the casino resort industry, over a 12-month program. Management Associates will get executive exposure while working on though-provoking, innovative and strategic projects that cross a variety of functional areas. With only 30 Management Associates a year in a talent pool of more than 60,000 employees, our Management Associates are highly visible to the MGM Resorts International leadership team. Following a successful completion of the 12-month program, Management Associates are placed in a management role within their division of operation.
- Current Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Minimum 1 year of cumulative work and/or internship experience.
- Participate in the full-length of the Management Associate Program of 12 months.
- Overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher on a United States 4.0 scale.
- Ability to submit University-issued transcripts, audition tapes/essays, upon request.
- Have successfully completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree within 18 months prior to the start of the Management Associate Program.
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Participate in courses recommended by MGM Resorts University.
- Provide own housing and transportation to and from work.
- Must possess intermediate knowledge of the following computer software programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Be at least 21 years or older by the time the program begins.
- Ability to deliver exceptional guest service and work independently.
- Possess effective decision-making and listening abilities with strong judgment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to function reasonably under time constraints and within established deadlines.
- Possess attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, and establish and maintain an effective professional working relationship with employees.
- Prolonged walking, standing and bending, manual dexterity to access the computer via computer keyboard and operate office equipment, work indoors, with occasional cold or warm temperatures, being exposed to such environmental conditions as CRT fatigue.
- Ability to remain seated before a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to MGM Resorts International standards.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- 1+ years of volunteer or active student organization leadership experience
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher on a United States 4.0 scale
- 2+ years of previous work experience in consumer products, hospitality, advertising, marketing/and or brand management preferred
- Demonstrated analytical ability with strong communication skills
- Project orientation and ability to handle simultaneous functions
- Proven effectiveness working in a demanding, entrepreneurial environment
- Foreign language skills
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, self-motivated
MGM Resorts International
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: High School Students, College Freshmen, College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Business School Students
Auburn Hills, MI
Battle Creek, MI
Bloomfield Hills, MI