Hormel Foods offers meaningful paid internship opportunities. As an intern, you’ll apply what you’ve learned in the classroom to real-life work situations. Your work will directly contribute to the success of the company.
Internships may be located at the corporate office in Austin, Minn., or at one of the manufacturing plants or sales offices around the United States. Hormel actively recruits for internship positions during the fall and winter months, but occasionally post internships during other times of the year.
During a three- or six-month, full-time internship, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Manage company projects independently with support from talented staff;
- Network with peers and employees of various levels in different departments;
- Participate in strategy sessions with industry leaders;
- Receive competitive pay and housing assistance;
- Learn about career paths that only a sustainable and international company such as Hormel Foods can offer;
- Increase your potential to land a full-time job; and
- Participate in social events tailored to the interests of each class of interns.
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Wholly Guacamole®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands.
The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named one of “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the 10th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. In 2016, the company celebrated its 125th anniversary and announced its new vision for the future — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — focusing on its legacy of innovation.
Hormel Foods Corporation
1 Hormel Place
Austin, MN 55912
Number of Interns: 51 to 100
Compensation/Benefits: Academic Credit, Paid
Academic Level: College Seniors, Graduate Students, Business School Students