2019 Vault Rankings
FirstEnergy is a leading regional energy company dedicated to safety, operational excellence and responsive customer service. Our 10 regulated utility companies comprise one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems based on 6 million customers served within a nearly 65,000-square-mile area of Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, New Jersey and New York.
FirstEnergy offers a comprehensive and valuable Co-op/Intern Program to talented college students who are looking to gain on-the-job experience in various locations throughout Ohio, PA, WV and MD.
In addition to the paid work experience gained, our co-ops and interns participate in development sessions designed to help improve their skills in areas that are important for business success. They are assigned coaches from their work groups who provide guidance and help them better understand the company.
Because our students leave this program with the knowledge, skills and experience necessary for a career with FirstEnergy, they are given serious consideration for full-time employment after graduation.
We are looking for students majoring in the following academic disciplines:
- Engineering (electrical, mechanical, nuclear, civil, chemical)
- Information Technology and Computer Science-related majors
- Business Management and Business Administration
Our co-op and internship positions are paid, and relocation assistance is available for students if they live more than 50 miles from their FirstEnergy work location.
- Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors attending a 4 year accredited university (preference is that students work at least 2 rotations)
- Majors include Engineering (electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, computer, computer science, and nuclear); Information Technology and Computer Science-related majors; Business Administration; Finance; Accounting; and Supply Chain.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (Engineering), Minimum GPA of 3.0 (All other majors)
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Rotations are available in the spring, summer and fall
Ted McQuain, Recruiting
76 S Main Street
Akron, OH 44308
Number of Interns: 51 to 100
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Academic Level: College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Graduate Students, Business School Students