Mercer’s Retirement, Risk & Finance (RRF) group provides a wide range of strategic, administrative and compliance-related retirement services to clients with an emphasis on the financial management of retirement programs. As an industry leader, we provide expert consulting in such areas as defined benefit plans, defined contribution plans, executive retirement and retiree medical plans.
Our consultants design long-term retirement benefit programs that help ensure appropriate support for retired employees while respecting an organization’s strategy, culture and budget. Our Retirement Financial Management framework, supported by state-of-the-art tools, enables us to produce measurable retirement plan improvements. We also help clients manage plan policies by instituting a robust governance structure that connects policies to strategic business objectives.
We have offices in more than 40 countries, and our global actuarial and benefits offerings provide multinational companies with easy access to our broad and deep expertise worldwide. Our Retirement Service Centers allow us to efficiently provide our clients with core services such as recurring valuation work, data calculations and completion of government forms.
To prepare for a career path as a retirement, risk & finance consultant, Retirement Consulting Interns can expect client exposure and a high level of responsibility early in their careers. A Retirement Consulting Intern works in a team environment with experienced consultants within one of our Mercer consulting offices to:
• Assist clients with the financial measurement of their retirement benefit programs using state-of-the-art software and stochastic modeling tools
• Strategize with clients to develop or enhance their retirement benefit programs
• Analyze client data to track historical and future employment trends and their correlation to retirement benefit programs and funding
• Keep clients up to date on regulated or legislated changes that affect the ongoing administration of their retirement benefit programs
Please note that, to be eligible for internship consideration, you must still be a currently enrolled student at the time of the internship. If you have completed your degree or will complete your degree prior to Summer 2013, please consider Mercer’s other available career opportunities.
Internships are paid on an hourly basis, and the hourly rate depends on educational and SOA exam process as well as location. Inernships are hosted for 10-12 weeks during the summer, typically beginning in early June.
2014 Retirement Consulting Actuarial Internships are projected to be available for summer 2014 in:
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Norwalk (CT), Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Princeton (NJ), San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington DC
Qualified candidates for a Retirement Consulting Actuarial Intern position will have:
• Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, math, statistics, economics, finance or another related field
• Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
• Availability to work 10-12 weeks during the summer
• Superior analytical, mathematical and project management skills
• A strong command of Excel; a working knowledge of Access is preferred
• A commitment to achieving Society of Actuaries designation as demonstrated by successful actuarial exam progress or other related professional certification
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong project management skills, leadership qualities and the ability to work within a team environment
• A high degree of self-direction and the business acumen to work within a rapidly changing environment
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Please note that at this time, the Company does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to these positions or to provide these positions as OPT or CPT.
155 N Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60606
Number of Interns: 21 to 50
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors
Kansas City, MO
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
Saint Louis, MO
San Francisco, CA