Mercer's Talent consultants help clients, including top-level executives, board members and HR professionals; optimize business performance by addressing their human capital issues. Specifically, consultants and analysts help clients manage, reward and engage talent to drive business performance. We stay ahead of the competition by providing best-in-class information, unsurpassed global reach, dedicated support services and innovative solutions. Mercer’s ability to compete is driven from powerful tools, intellectual capital, high quality of work, leveraged resources and top talent.
The first step in your career with Mercer's Talent segment is to work as a Consulting Intern in the Rewards, Workforce Analytics & Planning, and/or Leadership & Organization Performance practices. In this role, you will work with a broad range of clients and industries in a stimulating environment, participating as an integral member of project teams to diagnose issues and design strategic solutions that support clients’ success. You will provide quantitative and qualitative analytical support to senior consultants, drawing meaningful conclusions from client data. Interns will gain exposure to all of Mercer’s human capital segments, including broad based rewards, executive compensation, sales compensation, and others.
You also can expect to:
• Help write and structure client presentations, including recommendations presented to HR leaders, senior management, executives and boards of directors
• Analyze clients' strategic and organizational information and model clients' financial and compensation data versus the market.
• Conduct research and analysis to understand industry and organization-specific issues, including business strategy, compensation and rewards, corporate performance and performance management
• Collect and examine data trends in client financial performance, pay practices and policies, and talent management, including performance management, succession planning, rewards, selection/recruiting and leadership/employee development
• Help clients achieve responsible executive remuneration by translating business strategies and shareholder expectations into performance measurement and talent management systems
• Develop project management and consulting skills, ultimately serving as a day-to-day client contact for project areas including data requests and data management
Internships are paid on an hourly basis. Internships are hosted for 10-12 weeks during the summer, typically beginning in early June.
2014 Talent Consulting Internships are projected to be available for summer 2014 in:
Atlant, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington DC
Qualified candidates for a Talent Consulting Intern position will have:
• Progress towards a bachelor's degree in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, human resources (HR) and/or accounting coursework preferred
• Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
• Availability to work 10-12 weeks during the summer
• Business, finance, accounting, HR and/or economics internship experience preferred
• Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and a strong background in Excel
• Experience in data analysis, financial modeling and presentation design
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills
• Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under tight deadlines or changing client needs
• Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Please note that at this time, the Company does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to these positions or to provide these positions as OPT or CPT.
Please note that, to be eligible for internship consideration, you must still be a currently enrolled student at the time of the internship. If you have completed your degree or will complete your degree prior to Summer 2014, please consider Mercer’s other available career opportunities.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
155 N Wacker Dr
Chicago, IL 60606
Number of Interns: 10 to 20
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors
Los Angeles, CA
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA