Founded in 1981, Kaiser Associates is a global boutique strategy consulting firm headquartered in Washington, D.C.
Kaiser is committed to attracting, developing, motivating and retaining exceptional individuals. We seek individuals who possess excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, and who have a high level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivation and energy. The most successful candidates are excited to learn about consulting and are eager to take full advantage of the hands-on career opportunities that Kaiser Associates can offer.
The Summer Associate position offers early exposure to business issues faced by leading corporations in broad range of industries. Summer Associates work alongside Kaiser's experienced professionals to deliver client engagements. Successful Summer Associates may be given offers to return to Kaiser full-time after graduation.
Responsibilities of Summer Associates include:
- Perform comprehensive secondary literature research to supplement primary findings
- Conduct extensive primary research and interviewing with industry participants and stakeholders (e.g., analysts, client suppliers, distributors, customers, competitors, etc.)
- Analyze and synthesize research results in order to develop conclusions and insights
- Write and assist in delivery of presentations to clients
- Communicate with officers of the firm and share strategic key findings with clients
- Thrive and "think outside the box" in a challenging environment that requires consultants to continually develop solutions to complex issues in a limited timeframe
- Provide significant input into the recommendations delivered to the client
Kaiser's Summer Associate program is open to students in their penultimate year of study (typically Juniors, though Masters candidates will be considered) enrolled in a degree program from a top tier four-year college or university in any discipline.
Desired experience includes:
- Academic achievement, demonstrated through challenging analytical coursework and a strong GPA
- Professional work experience that demonstrates the core competencies required of Associate Consultants, including exposure to research, analysis, synthesis, project management, and experiences requiring exceptional verbal and written communication capabilities
- Campus involvement that demonstrates intellectual curiosity, commitment, and leadership
North America Recruitment
1615 L St, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 454-2000
Number of Interns: Less than 10
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors