2019 Vault Rankings
Infosys is a global leader in technology services and consulting. We enable clients in more than 50 countries to create and execute strategies for their digital transformation. From engineering to application development, knowledge management and business process management, we help our clients find the right problems to solve, and to solve these effectively. Our team of 200,000+ innovators, across the globe, is differentiated by the imagination, knowledge and experience, across industries and technologies that we bring to every project we undertake.
InStep is Infosys’ Global Internship Program for undergraduate, graduate, MBA and PhD students from top academic institutions around the world. This internship program which is fully funded, seeks to provide you the opportunity to work on new and emerging technologies for a duration of 8-12 weeks, while supporting you gain unparalleled international work experience and build a global network of colleagues.
- InStep is recognized among the top 50 internships in the world by Vault for 2015-2016.
- Awarded the National Council for Work Experience (NCWE) Award 2012 for 'Work Placement of the Year 2012', in the category of 'Best Large Organization: Short-term Placements'.
Here is a quick summary of benefits:
Established in 1999, InStep is an all paid internship, it includes,
O Roundtrip Airfare and Visa fee
O Accomodation (on campus)
O Cab Rides (2 per week)
O International SIM card
O Health club membership and more
- Brings you to India, the rapidly developing economy and the center of emerging technology action
- Gives students an opportunity to work on REAL projects, projects which would potentially result in creation of prototypes and IPs, process improvement and productivity enhancement, projects which will actually create value. Over the last many years InStep projects have resulted in many patents and publications
- Gives you the best avenue for networking, when you live together with 60+ other interns (students from 100+ of the world’s most renowned schools from 40+ countries) on the same campus, take your weekend breaks together, eat together, enjoy together, make bonds for a lifetime
- Makes you a part of a very elite alumni circle of InStep which is a 1,750+ member strong alumni community with talent from the best of the schools in the world
- It is a rolling internship program and you are welcome to join us at any time of the year as long as you are within your academic cycle for the entire duration of internship
InStep provides you a unique mix of experiences - exploring a new culture, working on a project of strategic relevance for the company and networking with interns from the world over.
Infosys' InStep Global Internship Program is open to students from only a select list of universities. Students who are enrolled in our partner schools can apply for InStep, to take a look at the list of our partner schools please visit http://www.infosys.com/instep.
As part of InStep, an intern is given a chance to work on high impact assignments ranging from live technology projects to cutting-edge research at the Infosys world-headquarters in Bangalore, India. The purpose of this initiative is to provide the interns with a well-rounded global experience while working with one of the most respected consulting and technology companies in the world.
- Program is open to undergraduate, graduate and PhD students
- Criteria for Engineering students: GPA of incoming student should be 3.3/4 or higher
- Criteria for Business/PhD students: Assessed on work experience (Business), research focus (PhD) and project compatibility
- Minimum academic requirement: Undergraduate, Graduate and PhD students
- Minimum academic year: Freshman
- Minimum age: 18
- Field of study: Technology, Business & Liberal Arts
- Skills & experience: Given the highly selective nature of the program, we place a strong emphasis on recruiting the best and brightest talent from around the world to work on our projects. The skill sets and areas of interest of interns should be well-aligned with the projects they are assigned.
- Time commitment: 8-12 months
Outside this, Infosys conducts a stringent background check on each candidate and adheres to visa compliances.
Global Academic Relations
Infosys Limited, Corporate Headquarters
Electronics City, Hosur Road
Bangalore, 560 100
Phone: +91 80 28520261
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Freshmen, College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Graduate Students, Business School Students