Cornerstone Research is a consulting firm specializing in the analysis of complex financial, economic, accounting, and marketing issues. In recent years, Cornerstone Research has become one of the nation’s leading finance and economics consulting firms with more than 700 full-time staff members across eight offices.
Summer associates join the firm for eight to twelve weeks during the year prior to graduation from their doctoral or M.B.A. programs. Cornerstone Research designed the summer associate program to mirror the experience of a first-year associate, including case assignments as well as formal training. As they do for all associates, they try their best to match summer associates with cases of interest to them.
Summer Associates will have the opportunity to be involved in all phases of a project. In the initial stages, summer associates actively participate in the formulation of the work plan and the analysis of issues. They work with senior staff, experts, and clients to develop case strategy and to determine how best to communicate our findings. Overall, Cornerstone offers an excellent package of interesting work, exposure to a broad set of issues in finance, economics, and accounting, and a high degree of personal responsibility. Many summer associates become associates at Cornerstone Research upon completing their graduate studies. Cornerstone offers an industry-competitive compensation and benefits package.
At Cornerstone Research, we foster a strong, collegial culture, rooted in thriving teams. This emphasis on collaboration has enabled us to successfully adapt to the challenges arising from COVID-19. We continue to refine our approaches thoughtfully, in response to state and local guidance, and the client and employee feedback we solicit on an ongoing basis. Current initiatives include:
- Firmwide working-from-home model to ensure all employees’ health and safety
- Frequent office meetings with a focus on fun and community building
- Biweekly surveys to gauge workload, connectedness to colleagues, and overall well-being
- Regular communications from senior leaders about progress on firm decisions and continuing projects
- Team check-ins to promote positive, open communication
- Resources to help employees cope with challenging situations through support groups and information sharing
- Firmwide wellness offerings for employees to participate in activities such as virtual yoga and meditation
- Enhanced IT support and allowances for office equipment and supplies
Cornerstone Research is successfully operating and staying connected to our clients, experts, and to one another. We continue our recruiting activities to attract qualified applicants for consulting roles to join us in 2021. These efforts include:
- Summer internships: We remain committed to hosting the summer analysts and interns who will join us for a six-week, virtual program. If we are able to return to fully operational offices before June 15, an in-person option may be available.
- Virtual recruiting events: Throughout March and April, we hosted a number of virtual recruiting events, including information sessions and externships. We are prepared to offer additional virtual events in the summer and fall as needed (although we hope to see students on campus).
Cornerstone seeks candidates who are pursuing doctoral studies in finance, economics, accounting, or marketing., as well as M.B.A. candidates.
Candidates must have the ability to apply academic research to real world issues and present concise explanations of complex analyses.
The ideal candidate has a Ph.D. in finance, economics, accounting or marketing and will possess a strong empirical background and excellent interpersonal skills.
They also consider former Ph.D. graduates who are interested in a career change.
599 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Number of Interns: 10 to 20
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: Graduate Students, Business School Students
Los Angeles, CA
Menlo Park, CA
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA