One of the world’s leading economic consulting firms, Compass Lexecon provides law firms, corporations and government clients with clear analysis of complex issues. Our firm is known for developing a thorough understanding of the issues that face our clients, relating those issues to relevant economic theory, and then supporting our analysis with solid and persuasive empirical evidence.
Our team in Europe
In Europe, Compass Lexecon provides expert economic advice on competition policy, economic and financial regulation, intellectual property, and the assessment of damages in complex disputes.
Our European team includes more than 60 economists based in Brussels, London, Madrid and Paris. Many hold PhDs from leading economics departments in Europe and the US, and several hold academic positions at prestigious European universities. We have an in-house team of econometricians who specialise in applying quantitative techniques to competition policy investigations and complex disputes.
Join our team
By joining Compass Lexecon you will become a part of a high-calibre team, work on the most interesting and challenging projects, and see how economics can be used to help major corporations.
From day one, you become an integral part of the project team with the crucial role of helping clients understand how competition works in their industry. This involves applying economic theory, supporting it with empirical analysis, and communicating advice to the client in a clear and concise way.
As an Intern at Compass Lexecon, you will be responsible for:
- researching the industry
- reviewing economic literature
- collecting and understanding client and market data
- conducting empirical and econometric analysis
- drafting reports and memos, and
- participating in client meetings and conference calls
Interns are expected to demonstrate initiative, sound analytical judgment and strong numerical skills.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A wide variety of interesting and challenging projects
- A high-calibre international team with a broad range of backgrounds and experience
- A blend of professional and academic environments
- The opportunity to work with top corporations, law firms, government bodies, and academics
- A very steep learning curve, coupled with a supportive and collaborative team
- Opportunities for training such as secondments, office rotations, conferences and lectures
- The opportunity to contribute very early on and take on significant responsibility
Typically, interns have just finished an undergraduate degree in economics or are in the process of obtaining a Masters degree or a PhD. We also consider undergraduates in their penultimate year of study who are expected to obtain a high 2:1 or above.
Academically, we look for courses in Microeconomics, Industrial Organisation, Game Theory and/or Econometrics.
Analytical skills and communication skills are highly valued. Technical skills in excel or STATA are preferred, but not required.
Internship start dates and durations are flexible, but typically interns join us in the summer for 8-12 weeks before their final year of studies or in-between degrees.
Compass Lexecon LLC
London, EC1A 4 HD
Number of Interns: Not Yet Decided
Academic Level: College Seniors, Recent College Graduates, Graduate Students