The BRIDGE program is a structured series of events designed to provide participants with a well-rounded view of life at Turner. The typical sequence includes:
• Participating in new hire orientation.
• Setting goals for learning and development.
• Receiving guidance from Turner mentors.
• Working on actual client projects and visiting job sites.
• Interacting with other interns on specials projects.
• Attending educational sessions with Turner executives and other speakers.
• Enjoying social and professional networking events.
• Receiving feedback and a formal evaluation from their immediate supervisor.
Our ideal internship/co-op candidates are:
• Freshmen, sophomores, or juniors currently enrolled at a four-year institution.
• Majoring in Engineering, Construction Management, Safety, Architectural Studies, Finance, Accounting, or Human Resources.
• Proactive, open-minded, eager to learn, and willing to work hard as part of a team.
The length of the program varies but summer internship programs can range anywhere from 6-10 weeks. Additionally, interns/co-ops are hired nationwide.
Job Title: Engineering Assistant
Reports to the Project Engineer. Assists in obtaining, evaluating, coordinating and distributing the information and authorizations needed to construct the project on time, within budget, and to the quality specified.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Obtain information and approvals for processing of shop drawings and submittals. Distribute information required for construction to appropriate parties. Assist in preparation of a contract items list. Insure that materials and equipment are released for fabrication or manufacture in time to meet the construction schedule. Prepare estimates for the changes in the works from subcontractors. Assist in the preparation of final records for the project. Maintain EEO compliances. Perform other duties assigned.
Four-year college degree with at least four years of formal engineering or architectural training or at least three years of building construction experience required. Knowledge of all general contract, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications. Demonstrate management know-how, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite of programs. Knowledge of Prolog Manager and Primavera scheduling desirable. A basic understanding of accounting and cost control procedures.
Turner's Headquarters Recruiting Group
Turner Construction Company
375 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10014
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Compensation/Benefits: Academic Credit, Paid
Academic Level: College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Graduate Students