Yelp interns work side-by-side with our passionate, creative software developers. That's right, each intern at Yelp has a mentor and substantial projects to work on during their time here.We are looking for students who wish to gain experience working on real, impactful projects for our site that currently sees 102 monthly unique users. One caveat, though, we would need those projects pushed to Yelp.com immediately as we use continuous deployment.
Something we take a lot of pride in is our space. We love hosting meetup groups and tech talks in our SF office. Yelp is looking for interns that want the chance to meet and greet with the best and most dynamic engineers in the Valley.
Check out our engineering teams and let us know what you are interested in working on. We would love to find out more about you.
- Develop cool and useful features for our 102M+ Yelp community
Search and Data-Mining Engineer
- Tackle machine learning and information retrieval problems from our database of 39M+ Yelp reviews
- Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures; expertise in Python, Java, or C++
- Build whole systems that are simple and scalable
- Expertise in your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, or C++
- Create fun and useful mobile applications for the iPhone, Android, Blackberry platforms and beyond
- Expertise in C++, Java and other mobile languages
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college program, focusing on computer software/computer engineering, or a related field
- Must be at least an enrolled freshman in college
- Internship duration is flexible, but we require at least 12 weeks (the standard duration of our internships)
- Willingness to live in San Francisco for the internship period
706 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Number of Interns: Varies
Academic Level: College Freshmen, College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Recent College Graduates, Graduate Students, Business School Students
San Francisco, CA