SAS analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
SAS’ internship program provides a unique summer experience in the Cary, NC headquarters. For 10 to 12 weeks, you’ll partner with mentors to work on meaningful projects that make an immediate impact. From contributing code to ensuring product quality for Fortune 100 customers – the sky is the limit. Both technical and non-technical internships are offered to students with degrees ranging from computer science to business marketing. SAS also hires students local to the Cary office for part-time, year-round internships.
The SAS summer fellowship program is open to doctoral candidates in areas such as computer science, statistics, financial engineering and mathematics. You’ll work closely with professional engineers and computer scientists who develop software used throughout the world. Fellows participate in research, development, numerical validation and testing, and documentation in various areas including statistics, risk, text analytics, econometrics and operations research. The program provides an excellent opportunity to explore software development as a career choice.
Diversity has proven to be an invaluable resource at SAS for creating a culture of innovation. One of our greatest diversity outreach tools is the R3 program. These summer internships symbolize our commitment to recognize, recruit and retain women, minorities, veterans and the disabled in professional fields. Students work with mentors and take part in professional training sessions that provide the foundation to be successful in a global corporate culture. Ultimately, our goal for the R3 program is to create a career pathway that leads to employment with SAS.
SAS has the ability to hire practically every major, but the majority of our positions are geared towards Computer Science, Statistics, Business, and Analytics majors.
- University students only. And it must be an accredited program.
- Microsoft Office. (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and/or SharePoint).
- Students must be enrolled in a degree seeking program and not be graduating prior to the beginning of the internship.
- Emails. You have to know how to write them.
- Talking. You have to do it effectively.
- Mistakes. Catch them. If you don’t. Learn from them.
- Technology. Embrace it.
- Teamwork… With a dash of independence.
- Leadership. You sit in the front row of the class.
- Volunteering. You care about more than just you.
- An interest in technology, specifically in big data analytics.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher. Going to class is #vital.
University Outreach & Recruitment, Talent Acquisition
SAS Software Internship Program
100 SAS Campus Drive
Cary, NC 27513
Number of Interns: Varies
Academic Level: High School Students, College Freshmen, College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Graduate Students, Business School Students, Law School Students