2019 Vault Rankings
Around here, technology has the power to make the impossible possible. From mobile apps to revolutionary devices, our team is pushing the limits of innovation. What does it feel like to develop life-changing ideas? This is your chance to find out.
This program for software development is focused on transforming college graduates into skilled technologists. Here, you’ll be part of a strong network and learn alongside a group of highly motivated peers just like yourself. It’s a collaborative environment full of learning opportunities designed to help you evolve your capabilities, challenge your strengths, and reach your fullest potential. You’ll also build mentoring relationships, have access to senior leadership and gain exposure across the company.
Whether you're in the full-time program or the 10-week internship, you'll team up with our internal technology experts. You’ll work on high-value projects to help shape the future of products and services like Cloud Services, API & Developer Programs, Open Source, Responsive Web Design, and Software Defined Networking.
Applying to our Software Development Program means you will be considered for one of four roles – Software Engineer, Business Analyst, Project Manager, or Scrum Master – being placed based on your input and experience identified throughout the interview process.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T will not sponsor applicants for work visas of any kind for this position.
To qualify for an internship position you must have:
• Current enrollment with coursework towards completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), Information Systems or a related field
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of staff and leadership, both internal and external
• Results-driven, self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams, as well as work effectively in multi-disciplinary environment
Our program for software developers is the start of your career with AT&T, with your unique skills and training playing a key part in your success. Check out the details for our programs and internships below.
Software Engineer: Designs, develops, and maintains systems and applications across various platforms and distributed architectures adhering to language specific best practices, industry standards, and general coding principles. Activities include strategic development of cutting edge systems that drive changes in both the software and open source communities.
- Familiarity with software development process and practices: Agile, Unit Testing, Build Automation, Continuous Integration, Container Architecture (Docker) and Version Control
- Operating System experience in: Windows and Linux
- Experience with RESTful APIs, DevOps, NodeJS, C++, C#, web application frameworks (e.g. Spring, AngularJS), Cloud Technologies, Responsive Web Design (iOS, Android) or Software Defined Networking
Business Analyst: Uses Agile methodology and scrum framework to communicate with stakeholders and gather requirements for the development staff based on business needs.
Helps in ensuring that the requested functionality is appropriately formulated, documented and maintained. Ensures requirements traceability is maintained throughout the project.
Data communication skills, ability to create metrics, analyze and interpret results
Demonstrated experience in project troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Requirements modeling and visualization tools
- Experience with a variety of platforms: Linux, Windows, Java EE, web, Android, and iOS
Project Manager: Responsible for the end-to-end management of technology projects. Works closely with business clients and delivery teams to outline and manage project scope and objectives, schedule, budget, and resources.
• Demonstrated organization, collaboration and leadership skills
• Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Waterfall and Agile Project Management methodologies
• Ability to manage constraints such as scope, schedule, cost, quality, and risks
• Ability to take action and direct the analysis and solution of issues
Scrum Master: Serves as a single point of contact leading an Agile/Scrum development team in delivery of a product ensuring best practices are implemented with local and geographically dispersed team members.
• Knowledge of Agile methodology and Scrum framework
• Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to determine project scope and objectives after obtaining client requirements
• Ability to control constraints such as scope, schedule, cost, quality, and risks
211 S Akard St
Dallas, TX 75202
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Compensation/Benefits: Academic Credit, Paid
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, College Seniors, Graduate Students, Business School Students