2020 Vault Rankings
Within a global and diverse company like IBM, there is no "one size fits all" solution for internship programs. Each of the EPIC offerings have a unique focus and yet collectively they serve the critical needs of the business. IBM EPIC (Employment Pathways for Interns and Co-ops) is the umbrella program which sets the standard of excellence for hiring top interns into IBM.
- The Extreme Blue program is IBM’s premier internship program for exceptional students pursuing software development and MBA degrees. Interns work in teams of 4 in one of 14 Extreme Blue labs worldwide. The team’s challenge is to develop the technology and business plan for a new product or service that addresses an existing market challenge.
- Global Business Services (GBS): Deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology— GBS brings together all of these capabilities to deliver real value to its clients. GBS Consultant – Interns are assigned to a dynamic project team with mentorship and on the job training. You will have an opportunity to learn consultancy from some of the best and brightest in the business as you take on challenging responsibilities and learn how to help clients integrate strategy, process, technology and information to increase effectiveness and reduce costs.
- Sales and Distribution (S & D) Summit Intern Program: Interns within the S&D Summit program interact with other smart and highly motivated IBM teammates to deliver Software and Hardware solutions through the application of a consultative sales approach to clients of all sizes and across various industries. We welcome students to apply that are passionate about client-facing sales or utilizing their technical skills to help customers solve their business problems through the application of technology
- Research Internship Program: If you want to work on innovative technology with industry-leading researchers and have the chance to collaborate with other students from around the globe, then IBM Research may have a place for you. We have a limited number of highly competitive opportunities. While these positions are primarily for graduate students, we encourage all of the brightest minds to apply.
- Custom Internship & Co-op Opportunities: For students with various educational backgrounds, IBM offers opportunities across all business units, including Software Group, Systems and Technology as well as functional areas like finance / accounting, communications, HR, and marketing.
IBM hires both undergraduate and graduate students in our internship and co-op programs. You can be considered for
participation if you are a full-time student at any four- or fiveyear, accredited, U.S. college or university. You are eligible
for employment after completing your freshman year. Many positions require U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status, although Foreign Nationals will be considered for some programs. As a candidate under consideration for an internship or
co-op assignment, you will need to demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, including GPA. You should have relevant work or research experience and be able to demonstrate strong leadership, communication and teaming skills. You will also need to earn a high evaluation during the interview process.
University Recruitment - EPIC Programs
IBM Global Services
1 New Orchard Road
Armonk, NY 10504-1722
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Academic Level: College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Graduate Students, Business School Students