The Summer Analyst Program
Piper Jaffray is currently seeking undergraduate students for our 2020 Investment Banking Summer Analyst Internship Program. Summer Analysts generally work 10 weeks within an industry or product group in Investment Banking and have the opportunity to learn financial modeling and basic analysis of companies and industries, as well as gain an understanding of the dynamics of the capital markets.
The internship program includes one week of formal training and a weekly speaker series from executives across the firm. Interns will all attend networking events during the program. Our internships are a direct pipeline for our full-time analyst positions the following year.
The internships are open to students who will graduate in December 2020 or May/June 2021.
What We Look For
Piper Jaffray seeks dedicated and motivated individuals possessing demonstrated academic achievement (minimally, a GPA above 3.3) as well as leadership, organizational and teamwork skills. The ability to create innovative solutions, articulate complex ideas and adapt to a rapidly changing environment is essential. Analysts must be able to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects. The most successful analysts have taken courses in finance and accounting and are very familiar with financial modeling.
Piper Jaffray Investment Banking Summer Associate Opportunity
Our Summer Associate position offers a unique opportunity for ambitious professionals seeking to play a meaningful role in our continued growth while gaining significant experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, Debt Capital Markets, and Equity Capital Markets. Associates are actively involved in day-to-day transaction execution, gaining significantly more client interaction and live deal experience than their peers at other firms.
Attracting only the very best professionals has been and will continue to be a key element of our success. We are focused on hiring candidates with genuine potential and interest for advancement within our firm. A successful candidate will possess the following characteristics:
Summer Analyst Qualifications:
• Outstanding academic achievement – minimum GPA of 3.3 or higher
• Must plan to graduate in December 2020 or Spring 2021
• Most candidates major in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Economics or have self-studied
• Strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong leadership and teamwork skills
• Superior work ethic
Summer Associate Qualifications:
• In their first year of an MBA program from a top-tier business school
• 2 – 5 years of pre-MBA work experience; preferably in financial services or accounting
• Outstanding academic performance record
• Exceptional work ethic and a high level of enthusiasm, initiative and leadership potential
• Prior work experience involving financial analysis or transaction execution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop rapport with existing and potential clients
• Strong knowledge of accounting and financial modeling
• Highly motivated, team player with an ability to learn in a fast-paced, challenging environment
• No immigration sponsorship available for this position
Piper Jaffray Companies
800 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Number of Interns: 51 to 100
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks; Piper Jaffray's intern program is 10 weeks running May 26 - July 31, 2020. All U.S. Investment Banking interns will attend one week of training in our headquarters in Minneapolis, MN covering financial modeling, accounting, internal presentations and various events. The remaining nine weeks, interns will work on their industry or product team. Each intern will be paired with a mentor for the summer. The goal of the internship is to extend a full-time offer at the end of the summer.
Academic Level: College Sophomores, College Juniors, Business School Students
Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
Industry Experience: 0-1 year
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
New York, NY
San Francisco, CA