Nomura seeks high impact students to join the Firm as Summer Analysts in our Global Markets Team. The Summer Analyst Program runs for 10 weeks, during which Analysts will enjoy extensive contact with Nomura professionals at all levels through discussion groups, seminars and informal social functions. During the course of the internship, Summer Analysts benefit from working closely with a buddy and interacting regularly with a senior mentor.
Nomura’s Global Markets business handles client transactions for financial institutions, corporates, governments, and investment funds around the world. We act as market makers for clients trading in fixed income and equity securities, and provide innovative financing and structured solutions to clients. We have established market-leading positions in our areas of focus across the globe.
What’s your role?
Sales: Developing and maintaining strong relationships with institutional clients, such as asset managers, pension funds, hedge funds, insurers, and corporate clients.
Trading: Assisting traders in buying and selling securities in the secondary market on behalf of clients or the firm; market making and capital commitment.
Structuring and Solutions: Designing and developing innovative products, strategies and financing solutions that are tailored to specific client needs.
Research: Collecting, analyzing and assessing industry and company information to assist the research analysts in providing market insight and investment ideas for institutional investors and internal clients.
Intern Qualifications *
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills
- Enthusiasm for both quantitative-driven and qualitative-focused situations
- Exceptional attention to detail and enthusiasm
- Ability to develop understanding of financial products
- Willingness to work hard as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
• Outstanding academic qualifications; strong GPA
• Pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university, graduating between December 2020 and June 2021
US Graduate Recruiting
Nomura Holdings, Inc.
309 West 49th Street
New York, NY
Number of Interns: Varies
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors
Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
New York, NY