2020 Vault Rankings
Summer Analysts and Associates participate in live transactions during their 10 weeks at Harris Williams. The program enables participants to gain exposure to the different phases of an M&A transaction, as well as to different industry groups and sub-sectors. Participants also complete a summer project, which simulates major aspects of the pitch process, during their internship. Interns discuss their project in a session with senior bankers at the end of the summer internship program.
Analysts and Associates at HW play an integral role in all of the firm’s merger and acquisition advisory activities. Analysts and Associates are expected to be active contributors during every phase of the deal process and are encouraged to handle a high level of responsibility on transaction teams. As a Summer Associate or Summer Analyst, you will work on live deals and contribute to the following:
Major Deal Process Deliverable Creation:
• Pitch Materials
• Valuation Analysis
• Confidential Information Memorandum
• Management Presentation
• Representing HW throughout the entire deal process
• Organizing meetings
• Actively participating in deal team, pitch, and due diligence meetings as well as management presentations
• Conducting marketing calls
Harris Williams dedicates a great deal of effort to hire individuals who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and a proven track record of excellence both inside and outside of the classroom.
Qualities of a HW M&A Intern:
• Leadership aptitude
• Creative and strategic thinking skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Keen analytical abilities
• Strong quantitative foundation
• Passionate about live deal experience
• Willingness to work intense hours
• Ability to work well under pressure
Summer Analysts should have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2; Summer Associates should have a minimum GMAT score of 600.
Summer Analysts should be rising seniors in order to be considered.
1001 Haxall Point, 9th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
Number of Interns: 10 to 20
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, Business School Students
Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49