2020 Vault Rankings
At Capital One, we think differently. We were a start-up with the novel idea of using data to create custom credit card offerings, and, today, we’re a nationally recognized brand, a top 10 bank, and on a journey to become a leading technology company and digital innovator interacting with over 65 million customers. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rich Fairbank, Capital One has held on to that relentless customer-focus and entrepreneurial culture that got us where we are today. We obsess over our customers, and our goal is simple - bring ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to banking.
That's where you come in. As an intern, you'll take on challenging problems with the best and brightest in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other drive us to superior results. You will be part of the team from day one; testing, learning, and re-thinking the way our customers’ interact with their finances.
We’re looking for inventive, passionate students with a diversity of perspectives who have one thing in common - a desire to make an impact. Whether that’s working with customers to improve our user experience or using Big Data valuation approaches to determine how we lend to our customers, you will sit at the intersection of building human-centered, business-focused and technology-driven solutions for our customers
So, what does a summer with Capital One look like?
- Hand-picked projects –We talk to each incoming intern to understand what you want to get out of your internship, and hand-pick your team and project to work on the problems you want to solve. See below for a few examples of past intern projects.
- Training – We place a massive emphasis on setting you up with the right skills to excel during your internship, and beyond. Our trainings change to keep up with where our business is headed, but you can expect exposure to skills like human-centered design, core business / analytical problem-solving, and technical skills.
- Executive speakers – You’ll hear from and interact with some of our most senior level executives. Topics have included career advice, what they’re most passionate about, and what keeps them up at night.
- Creating a strong network – You’ll have the opportunity to interact with your intern class as well as leaders throughout Capital One. We value the importance in getting to know our people as well as our company culture, and we’ll make sure you have ample opportunity to understand who we are, and what we do.
Past projects our interns have worked on include:
- Digital Partnerships - Analyzing the business value of our current digital partners, understanding customer responses, and developing proposals for what comes next on the digital partnerships frontier.
- Branch Innovation - Identify, research, and prototype solutions to reimagine what the end branch banking experience is like for our customers.
- Credit Decisions – Apply customer insights, analytics and technology tools to understand how and why we decide to lend money.
- Optimizing Rewards & Redemptions – Use qualitative and quantitative analysis to understand rewards patterns, and optimize on our current strategy to ultimately elevate our brand
- Fraud UX – Understand the impacts of fraud, and design a seamless experience for customers to receive a fraud alert, confirm fraud, and report fraud – all through their phone.
Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor's degree or higher between December 2017 and August 2018
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Passion for innovation, digital experience and technology
- Intellectual curiosity and a love for thinking differently and challenging the status quo
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
15000 Capital One Drive
Richmond, VA 23238
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, Graduate Students
New York, NY