2020 Vault Rankings
As a Capital One Analyst intern, you'll take on challenging problems in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. You will be part of the team from day one; testing, learning, and re-thinking the way customers’ interact with their finances.
Capital One is looking for inventive, passionate students with a diversity of perspectives who have one thing in common - a desire to make an impact. Whether that’s working with customers to improve the user experience or using Big Data valuation approaches to determine how they lend to customers, you will sit at the intersection of building human-centered, business-focused and technology-driven solutions for customers.
What does a summer with Capital One look like?
- Hand-picked projects – The company talks to each incoming intern to understand what you want to get out of your internship, and hand-pick your team and project to work on the problems you want to solve. See below for a few examples of past intern projects.
- Training – They place a massive emphasis on setting you up with the right skills to excel during your internship, and beyond. Trainings change to keep up with where their business is headed, but you can expect exposure to skills like human-centered design, core business / analytical problem-solving, and technical skills.
- Executive speakers – You’ll hear from and interact with some of the most senior level executives. Topics have included career advice, what they’re most passionate about, and what keeps them up at night.
- Creating a strong network – You’ll have the opportunity to interact with your intern class as well as leaders throughout Capital One.
Past projects that interns have worked on include:
- Digital Partnerships - Analyzing the business value of current digital partners, understanding customer responses, and developing proposals for what comes next on the digital partnerships frontier.
- Branch Innovation - Identify, research, and prototype solutions to reimagine what the end branch banking experience is like for customers.
- Credit Decisions – Apply customer insights, analytics and technology tools to understand how and why the company decides to lend money.
- Optimizing Rewards & Redemptions – Use qualitative and quantitative analysis to understand rewards patterns, and optimize on current strategy to ultimately elevate the brand
- Fraud UX – Understand the impacts of fraud, and design a seamless experience for customers to receive a fraud alert, confirm fraud, and report fraud – all through their phone.
Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor's degree or higher between December 2017 and August 2018
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Passion for innovation, digital experience and technology
- Intellectual curiosity and a love for thinking differently and challenging the status quo
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
15000 Capital One Drive
Richmond, VA 23238
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, Graduate Students
New York, NY