At Capital One, we think differently. We were a start-up with the novel idea of using data to create custom credit card offerings, and, today, we're a nationally recognized brand, a top 10 bank, and on a journey to become a leading technology company and digital innovator interacting with over 65 million customers. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rich Fairbank, Capital One has held on to that relentless customer-focus and entrepreneurial culture that got us where we are today. We obsess over our customers, and our goal is simple - bring ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to banking.
That's where you come in. As an intern, you'll take on challenging problems with the best and brightest in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other drive us to superior results. You will be part of the team from day one; testing, learning, and re-thinking the way our customers interact with their finances.
We're looking for inventive, passionate students with a diversity of perspectives who have one thing in common - a desire to make an impact. Whether that's working with customers to improve our user experience or using Big Data valuation approaches to determine how we lend to our customers, you will sit at the intersection of building human-centered, business-focused and technology-driven solutions for our customers
So, what does a summer with Capital One look like?
- Hand-picked projects -We talk to each incoming intern to understand what you want to get out of your internship, and hand-pick your team and project to work on the problems you want to solve. See below for a few examples of past intern projects.
- Training - We place a massive emphasis on setting you up with the right skills to excel during your internship, and beyond. Our trainings will equip you with the skills that a Financial Analyst needs to succeed at Capital One, but you can expect exposure to skills like human-centered design, core business / analytical problem-solving, and technical skills.
- Executive speakers - You'll hear from and interact with some of our most senior level executives. Topics have included career advice, what they're most passionate about, and what keeps them up at night.
- Creating a strong network - Develop relationships with intern peers, associates and executives at planned social events throughout the summer. We value getting to know our people as well as our company culture, and we'll make sure you have ample opportunity to understand who we are, and what we do.
Past projects our interns have worked on include:
- Analyzing key business drivers such as customer and asset volume, attrition, losses and margins
- Improving forecasting models through the analysis of key business trends
- Assisting in the completion of externally reported financial statements
- Driving operational improvements through specific project-based work
- In process of obtaining a Bachelors Degree or higher in a quantitative discipline, including finance, economics, business or accounting
- A demonstrated interest in financial management and/or technology
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2017 and August 2018
15000 Capital One Drive
Richmond, VA 23238
Number of Interns: 10 to 20
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Seniors, Business School Students
Mc Lean, VA