Ecolab Description: With annualized sales of $11 billion and more than 38,000 employees, Ecolab Inc. is the global leader in water, hygiene, and energy technologies & services. Founded in 1923 and headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, Ecolab delivers comprehensive programs and services in more than 160 countries.
Around the world, businesses in the food, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, and oil & gas markets choose Ecolab products & services to help keep their environments clean and safe, operate efficiently, and make the world better.
Internship Description: As a summer intern, you will be assisting with developing a territory of customers including hotels, restaurants, hospitals, and schools. Our interns are given hands-on experience to help develop their sales and prospecting skills as well as their problem solving and mechanical aptitude. Additionally, our interns are given exposure to several potential career path roles within the organization and are given consideration for our full-time entry-level Territory Manager in Training career opportunities upon graduation.
• Work alongside a successful Territory Manager to learn customers' operations, understand their cleaning challenges, and devise solutions to meet their needs.
• Gain exposure to the entire hospitality industry including hotel, restaurants, hospitals, schools, and dining facilities. You will also work with a wide customer base including large corporate chains as well as independent, single-unit organizations.
• Learn how to successfully prospect to find new leads, set-up new accounts, and generate new business for the territory.
• Receive training on how to provide excellent customer service by troubleshooting Ecolab dish machines, laundry equipment and dispensing systems.
• Work closely with the District Sales Manager to perfect your sales, presentation, and professional skills.
• Work for 10 weeks as part of an intern class to share feedback, resources, and experiences.
The Territory Sales Internship is a full-time 10-week program with $14/hour compensation. The internship also includes an all expenses paid trip to Ecolab's corporate headquarters in St. Paul, MN to kick-off the summer!
• Junior level standing
• Attendance at an Institutional core school, conference, or actively recruited program
• Ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds
• Valid driver's license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and access to a personal vehicle
• No Immigration Sponsorship Available
• Experience working within the foodservice and/or hospitality industries
• Previous sales and/or customer service experience
• Well developed interpersonal and customer relations skills
• Organizational skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Long-term interest in a career path within field sales & service
370 Wabasha St. N.
St. Paul, MN 55102
Number of Interns: 21 to 50
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors