2019 Vault Rankings
Love the world of storytelling? So does Nickelodeon! They are a collection of people dedicated to creating the best animation anywhere for kids, and making the world a more playful place. For over 25 years Nickelodeon has produced awe-inspiring, kid-approved, award winning cartoons that are watched throughout the world. (And, perhaps in other worlds too. You never know!) Their internship program is described as a true mentorship program and they are looking for the best and brightest students who want to join the team!
At Nickelodeon, there are no interns - there are “NICKterns”! The NICKternship is a true mentorship program where Nickterns get the chance to immerse themselves in meaningful projects and become valuable players on the teams. Perks to being a NICKtern? Networking with studio executives and artists, nostalgia around every corner, and in-depth conversations about favorite Nick shows, cause, that’s part of the job. Nickelodeon's content development is artist-driven, the work culture is collaborative, and the company's mentorship of talent is second to none. In the famous words of SpongeBob SquarePants, “I’m Ready!” and Nickelodeon is looking for future Nickterns that are too!
A FEW NICKTERN PERKS:
- Networking with employees
- Lunch with top executives
- Free movie screenings
- Opportunities to take art tests on Current Series shows
WORKSHOPS & CLASSES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Resume & Portfolio Series
- Pitching for TV Animation
- Producing for TV Animation
- Social Media Marketing
- Storyboarding 101
- Presentation Skills
INTERNSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS (CAN VARY BY SEMESTER):
- Animation Productions
- Animation Development (Nick/Nick Jr.)
- Animation Technology
- Archive & Resource Library
- Consumer Insights/Research
- Community Efforts
- Game Development & Engineering
- International Marketing
- Live Action Scripted Development
- Post Production
- Press & Communications
- Social Media Marketing
- Talent Development & Outreach
- Viacom Digital Studios
- Internships are paid at a standard competitive hourly rate so proper work authorization is needed to be employed within the United States.
- Nickelodeon has 3 semesters: Spring (Feb - Apr/May), Summer (Jun - Aug), and Fall (Sept/Oct - Nov/Dec).
- Interns must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Internships are open to college juniors and seniors, and graduate students. Animation production and development internships accept recent graduates up to 2 years after graduation date.
- Upon acceptance, proof of class enrollment is required. If recently graduated, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- College credit is not required, but appropriate documentation will be provided if needed.
Ideal candidates are those excited about children's media and storytelling at Nickelodeon! Artists and non-artists alike, aspiring writers, producers, TV executives… all who are looking to find their place in the world of Nickelodeon are welcome to apply!
Amy Wu Casler
Viacom Productions, Inc.
231 W. Olive Avenue
Burbank, CA 91502
Phone: (818) 736-3000
Number of Interns: 21 to 50
Duration: Varies; Minimum 10 weeks per semester.
Academic Level: College Juniors, College Seniors, Recent College Graduates, Graduate Students
Degree Track: Associate’s Degree, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Business Administration
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49