About Southwest Airlines Campus Reach Internship Program
The Campus Reach program identifies and engages future Southwest Employees at an early age, hopefully inspiring an interest in a career in aviation! Campus Reach's efforts include: high school internships and partnerships, a nationally-recognized college internship program, and direct hiring opportunities for new college graduates.
Interns at Southwest will not only get hands-on business experience in their particular field, they will also get to experience the Fun-LUVing Culture that makes Southwest Airlines home to some of the most highly sought after internships year after year.
College Internships are offered in the spring, summer, and fall semesters for fulltime college students and are usually 12-15 weeks long. Participating departments may vary by semester, but all internships are based at our Headquarters in Dallas, Texas. All positions are paid and include space available travel. An internship with Southwest is more than just a job--it's an opportunity of a lifetime!
In 2017, we had 415 college Interns onboard with us from 123 different universities and 39 different states. These Interns were selected from over 35,000 resumes, so it's definitely a competitive program!
Campus Reach Internship Eligibility Requirements:
- The desire to Live and Work the Southwest Way
- Living the Southwest Way means having a Warrior Spirit, a Servant's Heart, and a Fun-LUVing Attitude! For students, a Warrior Spirit means having a strong GPA, some work experience, involvement in clubs and organizations, and Leadership experience. A Servant's Heart is displayed through your involvement in volunteer work and community events, and in putting others before yourself. A Fun-LUVing attitude means not taking yourself too seriously, and having FUN even when you're working hard
- Commitment to Customer Service and Hospitality
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation and energetic personality
- Team-oriented quality
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well alone or with others
College Internship Eligibility Requirements:
Applicants must be fulltime college students as defined by your university (or taking the last of your required classes to graduate) to be eligible for our internships.
Most of the positions also require that students are classified at a minimum of junior level (60+ hours), although some positions also allow sophomores to apply.
Recent college graduates are eligible only for the semester immediately following graduation. (May graduates are eligible for Summer Internships).
High School Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be available to work part-time (20-30 hours/week) in Dallas
- Must be currently enrolled in high school as a sophomore or junior level student
- Must be at least 16 years of age, by the start of the internship
- 3.0 or above cumulative GPA (preferred)
- Classroom experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work on a team and individually
- Involvement in extracurricular activities preferred
- Quick learner, self-motivated, respectful, courteous, and able to work in a fast-paced
Southwest Airlines Co.
2702 Love Field Drive
Dallas, TX 75235
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Compensation/Benefits: Academic Credit, Paid; $15-$20/hour
Duration: 3 to 6 months
Academic Level: High School Students, College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Recent College Graduates, Graduate Students