2021 Vault Rankings
Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP offers a unique eight week rotational internship that allows students majoring in accounting to try audit, tax, consulting and more! The program is centered around the firm's headquarter Palo Alto office, but some interns will have the opportunity to spend time in the San Francisco and San Jose locations. The purpose of the summer internship is to present students with an opportunity to gain practical work experience in a professional environment.
Interns will spend the first week in orientation and training, which is led by partners and managers. From this experience, interns will gain a better understanding of the accounting profession as a whole and the services Frank Rimerman provides, and will be equipped to work with the firm during the summer.
After training, interns will begin their rotations through various departments. Rotations may include: Accounting and CFO Advisory, Tax, SOX/SOC compliance, technology solutions/systems implementation, Business Valuation, and Assurance and Advisory. Interns are exposed to many different clients and industries, and work with all levels of employees during the program. Each intern will be assigned a work buddy to assist them during their rotations. The final week is reserved for wrap up and fun!
Because you will frequently be visiting client sites and traveling between offices, access to a vehicle will be essential.
Intern work experience could include the following:
- Work on portions of audit engagements and develop an understanding of the audit process.
- Compile financial statements following established formats.
- Assist in the completion of SOX 404 and other compliance projects.
- Prepare individual, fiduciary, partnership, not-for-profit and corporate income tax returns.
- Prepare payroll, sales, property and other local tax forms.
- Record transactions and process the information into accounting records and appropriate financial statements.
- Complete imaging projects and gain an understanding of our paperless document storage system.
- Process tax returns, which involves typing transmittal letters, minor corrections on returns, and completing various forms and schedules.
- Develop appropriate computer skills including standardized software applications (word processing, spreadsheet and time and charges), tax return processing, tax projection and financial statement trial balance software.
- Assist with research projects, tax return assembly and file maintenance.
Throughout the internship there are a variety of social activities that offer interns a chance to meet more people from all offices and levels. Previous summers' events included: San Francisco Giants game, bocce ball, visiting our St. Helena office in wine country, sailing the San Francisco bay, attending the Firm’s Annual Meeting, zip lining, and other social gatherings by office.
All applicants should have a plan to become CPA eligible under current California legislation. This typically requires a 5th year of education, however, some students may complete the requirements in 4 years. We prefer students participate in the internship the summer before their final graduation date.
Overall GPA of 3.0, with a higher major GPA preferred.
Frank Rimerman + Co. LLP
1801 Page Mill Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Number of Interns: 21 to 50
Compensation/Benefits: Academic Credit, Paid
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors, College Seniors, Graduate Students
Palo Alto, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA