2020 Vault Rankings
Blue & Co., LLC, ranked as a top 60 accounting firm in the U.S. by Accounting Today, has seen unprecedented growth since its inception in 1970. With 10 offices in three states (IN, KY, and OH) and over 400 professionals, Blue is proud to serve clients in the Construction, Manufacturing, Distribution, Healthcare, Agribusiness, Financial Services, and Not-for-Profit industries.
Blue interns can expect to contribute quickly to the success of the team. Interns will have a meaningful, worthwhile experience as they participate in client-service teams, working on the same tasks as a new Staff Accountant. Interns are mentored and receive timely feedback. Interns learn from the collaborative relationships with co-workers, Blue's leadership teams, and client business owners.
At the end of an internship, interns will have a clear picture of what a rewarding career in public accounting firm can be like.
Depending on your Practice Group, your initial responsibilities may include:
• Assistance on audits and reviews.
• Understanding the impact of business transactions on the financial statements and cultivating the “business advisor” perspective.
• Preparation of basic financial statements and schedules for clients.
• Standard and complex tax return preparation (1040, S-Corp, C-Corp, Partnerships, 941, 1099).
• Tax research projects.
• Assistance on Medicaid/Medicare cost reports analysis for health care facilities.
• Analysis related to mergers, acquisitions, litigation, ESOPs, and estate and succession planning.
• Strong academic performance (Minimum GPA 3.2).
• Accounting, Finance or related business major on track to meet the 150 credit hour requirement for CPA exam.
• Intermediate Excel skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills; history of extra-curricular or volunteer activities, preferably in a leadership role.
• Success in working independently and as part of a team.
• Available to work evening/weekends and travel as necessary during peak seasons (travel paid for by firm).
• Exhibit strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Willingness to ask questions to gain strong comprehension of complex subjects.
• An intrinsic desire to contribute to a collaborative effort and share in its success.
• Authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Blue & Co., LLC
12800 N Meridian St.
Carmel, IN 46032
Number of Interns: 21 to 50
Academic Level: College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Recent College Graduates, Graduate Students, Business School Students, Law School Students
Degree Track: Bachelor of Science, Master of Business Administration, Master of Science
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49