Skip to Main Content

Recreation Workers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Many recreation professionals become certified to demonstrate their professional competence. The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) provides certification to recreation workers. More than 40 states have adopted NRPA standards for park/recreation professionals. The NRPA offers four certifications: certified park and recreation professional, certified park and recreation executive, aquatic facility operator, and certified playground safety inspector. To obtain certification, applicants must meet educational and experience requirements and pass an examination. Contact the NRPA for more information.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions