Approximately 410,050 insurance sales agents, including property and casualty insurance agents and brokers, are employed in the United States. Insurance companies are the principal employers; however, about 12 percent of agents and brokers are self-employed. Some agents also work for banks and securities brokerages, due to increased integration of the finance and insurance industries.
Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Business Managers
- Financial Institution Officers and Managers
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Forensic Accountants and Auditors
- Fraud Examiners, Investigators, and Analysts
- Health Care Insurance Navigators
- Insurance Claims Representatives
- Insurance Fraud Investigators
- Insurance Policy Processing Workers
- Insurance Underwriters
- Life Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Risk Managers