Skip to Main Content

Property and Casualty Insurance Agents and Brokers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Those agents who wish to seek the highest professional status may pursue the designation of chartered property casualty underwriter. To earn the designation, agents must complete at least two years in the field successfully, demonstrate high ethical practices in all work, and pass a series of examinations offered by the American Institute for Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters. Agents and brokers may prepare for these examinations through home study or by taking courses offered by colleges, insurance associations, or individual companies.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Featured Companies