The financial scandals and Great Recession of the past decade, increasing government regulation, and growing negative perceptions of the private equity (PE) industry by the public have prompted demand for skilled marketing professionals.
One recent law that’s expected to prompt some growth for marketing professionals at private equity firms is the Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act (commonly known as the JOBS Act), which allows private equity firms to advertise and perform general solicitations, with the ultimate goal of reaching a larger number of investors. Not every PE managing partner is sold on the benefits of the JOBS Act, but the legislation is expected to create some new marketing positions.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Accountants and Auditors
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Chief Dealmakers
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Financial Managers
- Private Equity Investor Relations Specialists
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers