You’ll need several years of experience in a finance-related field to qualify for entry-level investor relations (IR) positions. This experience should involve work in investment banking, equity research, accounting, or financial or strategy consulting. An IR manager will need five or so years of experience in lower-level IR positions (or in a corporate IR position), and IR directors need 10 years of private equity or corporate IR experience.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Accountants and Auditors
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Chief Dealmakers
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Financial Managers
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers