Salaries for private equity executives rank among the highest in any industry. In 2013, the top 10 private equity executives earned a combined $1.7 billion, according to Bloomberg News. Private equity professionals with an MBA received average earnings (base pay plus bonus) of $296,155 in 2014, according to the 2015 Private Equity and Venture Capital Compensation Report. Those without MBAs received $264,464. Earnings also varied by the size of the firm. Private equity professionals who worked at firms with up to five employees received average earnings (base pay plus bonus) of $266,000 in 2014; 6 to 9 employees, $248,000; 10 to 24 employees, $291,000; 25 to 49 employees, $306,000; 50 to 99 employees, $313,000; and 100 or more employees, $276,000.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Investment Underwriters
- Private Equity Accountants and Auditors
- Private Equity Business Development Directors
- Private Equity Compliance Professionals
- Private Equity Financial Managers
- Private Equity Investor Relations Specialists
- Private Equity Lawyers
- Private Equity Marketing Specialists
- Private Equity Research Analysts and Associates
- Private Equity Risk Managers