Skip to Main Content

Parole Officers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

In general, probation officers and correctional treatment specialists are required to complete a state or federal government-sponsored training program, after which a certification test must be passed. The American Probation and Parole Association offers an accredited program; however it is a program offered to agencies for their employees, not a program that a lone person can take. Upon completion of the program and certification testing, they work as trainees for up to one year before receiving a permanent position.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.