Wholesalers work in typical office settings. Their hours and the amount of required travel vary by position. Internal wholesalers work a standard 40-hour week and largely stay in the office, making sales calls, developing sales and marketing strategies, and following up on customer inquiries via the phone, videoconferencing, or e-mail. External wholesalers work away from the office about 50 to 60 percent of the time, traveling to meet investment advisors to convince them to carry their funds. They may work at night and on weekends “schmoozing” clients by taking them to play golf, out for dinner, or to concerts and sporting events. This job can be highly stressful because wholesalers must meet sales quotas, and it’s very difficult to attract new clients.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Mutual Fund Accountants and Auditors
- Mutual Fund Analysts
- Mutual Fund Compliance Professionals
- Mutual Fund Customer Service Representatives
- Mutual Fund Financial Managers
- Mutual Fund Lawyers
- Mutual Fund Marketing Specialists
- Mutual Fund Portfolio Managers
- Mutual Fund Risk Managers